Thursday, August 03, 2006

Yaadum Oore Yaavarum Kelir

I start this blog with my favourite poem, written by Kaniyan Poongunranar, Yaadum Oore Yaavarum Kelir. It is part of Purananuru. The link also gives the translation by G.U.Pope and I would like to clip the last two lines ...

" We marvel not at the greatness of the great;
Still less despise we men of low estate."

I will start with this philosophical note, but I hope that this is where the philosophizing would end. As a wise man once said ‘the philosophers have only interpreted the world, the point is to change it’!

It is not really that my life so far was not worth being written about. I was just lazy. Going forward I expect it to be little out of the ordinary and hence might be of more interest to readers. So I am starting a blog.

Would this blogging also be one of my many projects which I had taken up with gusto and bailed out without even making a decent effort? I only hope being under public glare (and glare you should) it would force me to be otherwise.

In any case, August 15th is going to be a new beginning for me and I am looking forward to it.

So, see you all till then.

1 comment:

sbharti said...

thats a great start in itself. Kudos for all your efforts and hope it comes all d way BIG :)